Saturday 5 March 2016

CHECKING YOUR PLACEMENT IN DNA RESULTS SECTION



Ad.3 – CHECKING YOUR PLACEMENT IN “DNA RESULTS” SECTION

I’ve joined the project and filled information about earliest known paternal ancestor.
Now I want to know where I was placed by administrators. I can do that by making few simple steps.

Firstly, you have to proceed to the project.

Then, choose “DNA Results” section.



There are few options to show Y-DNA results. I recommend choosing “Classic Chart

 


Now, you see a chart with results (names are censored by me, just in case) but it’s divided into many pages. Surfing through it would be quite tiresome, therefore I want to see all results in one, long page. It’s doable. 

To see all results set the number to 8000 and click ENTER (or a counterpart of this button on different devices). You will have to wait some time, dependable on your configuration,internet speed and condition of FTDNA servers
 
The browser may freeze, don’t worry – just wait.

OK, now I see everything. There are plenty of results here. How can I find the one I care about?

Well, the best option is to use “search” option available in every popular browser. It’s usually available after pressing a combination of “Ctrl” and “F”. In Chrome browser, special tool appears at the upper right. In Firefox browser – lower left. 

Now, type your kit number (or other identification, like surname of earliest known paternal ancestor if added and not too common). Press “ENTER” if necessary. Check if you typed everything correctly.


Great, I’ve found myself! But I have no idea what this category means. How to understand it?


See the next blog entry !

16 comments:

  1. 5.000 is not enough today to se all kits in one page, not even 10.000! You have to set the page to 11.000 to see all kits in one page. And it is still counting... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't find my ancestor! Can you help me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Michael. Only project members with Y-STR results are visible. I guess that you've done your previous testing elsewhere, probably at 23andMe and that's why you know you are R1a. I recommend to order at least Y-37 and then we will think of what to do next ;).

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello.

      You can PM me your kit number. Maybe you have set page to just 5000 as in tutorial. Now it is recommended to set to at least 7500 as the number of project members grows :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  6. I cannot find my kit B46336 Max Sommers probably because the original test submitted was 23andme but we have also now done the YDNA67 as a result of a message from Meir Gover and still not showing in this list.. What next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Gayle, Max is classified as 9. ...>Z93>Z94>Z2124>Z2122>F1345>CTS6>Y2619-y (Big Y or Z93 SNP pack needed)

      Delete
  7. Подскажите пожалуйста, я нахожусь в разделе Ungrouped, что это значит?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm unable to check my results because the page keeps timing out before it can finish loading. I've tried setting it all to one page, not showing all columns, and restricting it to 67 markers and up, and various combinations thereof. This is on multiple computers and my phone.K #913571

    ReplyDelete
  9. can someone add me in here , I still can not add myself
    my kit #M13274

    ReplyDelete
  10. Не могу себя найти. Там наверное уже не 5000 надо, а 15000.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I followed these instructions and could not find my kit number by browsing and using CTRL-F. I got an error when I tried to increase the page size above 10,000, but setting it to 2,000 and then searching each of the six results pages seemed to allow all of the results to be searched. I can find my kit number using the search function within the chart, but then the testing recommendations do not show. Please advise how I can view the testing recommendations. My kit number is 989851.

    ReplyDelete